Thrust area, Potential & Problems
• Natural Resource Management.
• Crop management Practices.
• Horticulture & Vegetables Crops.
• Integrated Plant Protection Techniques.
• Implements & Farm Machinery.
• Women in Agriculture.
• Value Addition & Processing.
• Animal Science.
- Sufficient availability of resources for crop diversification.
- Low labour cost.
- Good scope for organic cultivation.
- Gap in production potential.
- Easy e- extension in rural areas due to IT revolution in the country.
- Improving purchasing capacity.
- Sufficient availability of cow dung, and poultry manure to produce biogas and manure of high quality.
- Level of improved farm machinery is very low have great potential.
- Scope exists to increase the returns to farmers by establishing small agro processing units in production catchments.
- Scope for entrepreneurship development for custom hiring of high capacity and costly farm machinery.
Identified Problems :
- Lack of high yielding varieties/ hybrids in field crops.
- Poor seed replacement rate (8 %) & negligible seed treatment.
- High incidence of insect & diseases.
- High infestation of weeds in Kharif crops.
- Imbalance use of fertilizer declining soil health.
- Lack of soil & water conservation techniques.
- Low input use efficiency.
- Slow crop diversification under Horticultural crop and intensification of farming system.
- Poor adoption of latest technologies at farmer’s part.
- High post harvest losses (10 – 12 % in grain, 25 – 30 % in vegetable & fruit crop.
- Poor credit support particularly small & marginal farmers.
- Weak transfer of technology system.
- Women Enterprenures
- Year Planner
- News Letters
- Kma Activities
- Linkages With Other Dept.
- Latest News/Announcements
- Photo Gallery
- Financial Monitoring
- Other Important Links
- Important Telephone Numbers
- Important NGO's, SHGs, Krishak Club, input supplier & other agencies
- Contact Us